The Zero Lens transforms the PVS-14 night vision monocular into a front-mounted clip-on system to add a nighttime engagement capability to standard daytime optics. The Zero Lens enables an operator to correct for image shift between tandem optics on demand without affecting boresight alignment of the operator's primary sight.
- 1. Zero Lens with PVS-14 adaptor arm
- 2. 3X Lens
- 3. Quick-action mount for MIL-STD 1913(picatinny)rail
- 4. Lens Cleaning Tool
- 5. Carry Case
- Optics FOV (w.3x Lens): 14 degrees
- F Number: 1.1
- Optical Axis Above Rail: 40mm (1.57")
- AZ / EL Adjustment:0.5 MOA per click
- Dimensions w/ Mount: 145x82x64mm (5.7x32.x3.5")
- Weight w/ Mount: 457g (16.1oz)
- Operating Temperature: -51°C to +49°C (-60°F to +120°F)
- Storage Temperature: -51°C to +85°C (-60°F to +185°F)
Once aligned, the PVS-14 may be removed from the Zero Lens adaptor arm and then reinstalled repeatedly without requiring realignment. The quick-action mounting system enables rapid transition of the PVS-14 between handheld, helmet-mounted, or weapon-mounted use as needed during operations. Similarly, once the PVS-14 is aligned with the Zero Lens, the system can be used with other zeroed day optics, even on other weapons, whenever they are configured for tandem use.
The 3X Lens cna be used with the PVS-14 anytime as a replacement for A3256391.
All Zero Lens and 3X Lens come with a standard one year warranty against manufacturing defects.
PVS-14 Night Vision Monoculars are not recommended to be used on calibers higher than 223.
The Zero Lens Optical Alignment Adapter was designed to be used with various rifle sights(with similar height of optical axis from mounting surface) in combination with a PVS-14 monocular night vision device. It is recommended that the night vision device be manufactured from high quality components offered by companies such as Litton, Northrop Grumman, L-3, ITT, or any manufacturer using Insight Technology housings. The manufacturer will not guarantee proper alignment or accuracy when used with Russian, Chinese or hybrid components as these systems may not be compatible with the shock loads caused by ammunition described as follows:
The Zero Lens has been designed and tested to be used with 5.56 caliber automatic and semi-automatic weapons as well as bolt-action or semi-auto rifles using 7.62, .308, 30-06 or comparable caliber factory ammunition. The use of Zero Lens on higher caliber weapons or with hand loaded or other specialized ammunition may void the warranty.
The Zero Lens and 3X Lens are designed specifically to work together so that the field of view(FOV) and magnification level of the viewed scene are the same at night as they are during the day. The Zero Lens reduces the image as seen through the weapon sight to one-third normal size. Adding 3X magnification returns this ratio to 1:1. Therefore always use the 3X Lens together with the Zero Lens.
- 1. Ensure the day optic is zeroed for the weapon being used.
- 2. If present, remove helmet mount adapter from the PVS-14.
- 3. Rotate the PVS-14 diopter ring fully clockwise to the most recessed position.
- 4. Install the PVS-14 onto the Zero Lens adapter arm using the captive thumbscrew. Ensure the centering tabs of the adaptor arm are properly positioned and/or seated over the edges of the PVS-14 mounting surface, and be careful not to damage the threads.
- 5. Reset the PVS-14 diopter ring to zero on the index mark.
- 6. If present, remove any caps, covers, filters, etc. from the objective lens of the PVS-14.
- 7. Attach the 3X Lens to the PVS-14 objective lens, by screwing it clockwise into the threads provided, making sure not to cross thread either the PVS-14 or 3X Lens. Do not over tighten the 3X Lens.
- 8. Open the throw lever on the system and position the Zero Lens/PVS-14 assembly on the Picatinny rail in front of and as close to the day optic as possible. Ensure the side of the mount that is away from the throw lever engages the rail and that the rail block is seated properly when closing the throw lever.
- 9. On system mounts having adjustable tension mechanisms, increase or lessen the tension with the supplied tool as required so that the Zero Lens/PVS-14 assembly is held firmly in place, yet is easily removable.