The AN/PVS-21 Low Profile Night Vision Goggle has been designed
for aggressive special operations capability in air, water, and
land environments. The patented low profile design offers 3-4
inches less protrusion than conventional night vision goggles
enabling a wide range of mission applications:
- Aggressive ground use over rugged terrain.
- High-speed vehicle operations (ground, water, air).
- Urban/Close Quarters Battle operations.
- Enhanced situational awareness through sensor fusion.
- Parachute operations (free fall and static line).
Less than 8cm in
tilt - 14º on the goggle
ipd - 55mm to 80mm
Aux. Illumination Source:
two IR LEDs - off/low/high
single AA battery 1.5-3.6V alkaline and lithium batteries are
precision, quick-release mounting on
helmets and head harnesses
Integrated HUD port for sensor fusion.
Intensified Field Of View (FOV):
165º horizontal and 90º vertical
33cm to infinity
1.3 cy/mr minimum (1.4 or greater typical)
10mm on axis
Eye Relief (approximate):
sea level to 35,000ft
-30ºC to +52ºC
3m standard; 10m special
mil-std-461, class A#, REO2, RSO2, and RSO3