CQC 1 .22 caliber - 5.56 x 45mm (3 piece system: suppressor, brake and sleeve)
- Weight: 17.5 oz. (suppressor only)
- Overall length: 8 in.
- Exterior diameter: 1.625 in.
- Rifle used in test: Olympic M4 carbine w/ 16 in. barrel
- Ammunition used: Lake City 55 grain ball
- Ambient temperature: 800 F - Potomac, MT, at 3.950 ft. above sea level
- Humidity 35%
- Sound Pressure Level Reduction: 32-33 db
(Depending on either gas or piston system.)
The CQC was designed with HRT, ERT, SWAT, and military personnel in mind to provide them with a compact and lightweight unit. The CQC 1 only extends 6.625" from the rifle which is important in keeping the operator's weapon as short as possible.
Users frequently complain about a change of the point of impact between a rifle with and without a sound suppressor installed. This is most often a function of the inherent stiffness of the rifle's barrel, not the sound suppressor. We offer the service or will instruct the customer in how to time out the suppressor to the weapon. This procedure will minimize the change of windage point of impact.