The TCR Short Action Series Tactical Competition Rifles are engineered and designed to provide users with a versatile rifle platform in .223 Remington, .260 Remington, 6.5 Creedmoor, and .308 Winchester calibers. This precision tactical rifle is proudly manufactured in the USA and built on the strong Surgeon RSR bolt action receiver, and the patented SABER®-FORSST® MOD-0 modular rifle chassis. TCR Short Action rifles are available in the A3 configuration accepting either a 5 or 10rd magazine.
- .223 Rem – 22″ barrel – 1-in-8 twist
- .260 Remington – 24″ barrel – 1-in-9 twist
- 6.5 Creedmoor – 24″ barrel – 1-in-8 twist
- .308 Winchester – 20″ barrel – 1-in-10 twist
TCR’s are barreled with Pinnacle Series 416 stainless steel fluted barrels that are safety and performance engineered using APO’s proprietary B.A.S.E.D. barrel engineering software. A TCR Pinnacle Series barrel is finished with an 11 degree target crown.
TCR muzzles can be optionally threaded and provided with a Muzzle Thread Protector making TCR Short Actions in .223 and .308 eligible for U.S. F-TR competitive events. TCR’s uses a premium tactical two-stage trigger set to 3.5 lbs for a smooth take up, and crisp let off for precise sub-MOA shot placement.
TCR rifles feature an ergonomic MOD-O Quattro carbon fiber forend that is comfortable in the off-hand shooting position and reduces heat mirage. Additionally the forend has 12 o’clock and 6 o’clock MIL-STD 1913 accessory rail locations that accommodate “clip-on” night vision devices and re-positionable bipods.
The fixed SABER HTA ergonomic shoulder stock has tooled adjustments for length of pull, cheek-piece height, and vertical recoil pad placement. The Butt Hook rounds out the shoulder stocks functional design for precision shooting, and a versatile multi-position adjustable field monopod is an available option. TCR rifles have flush cup sling swivel attachment points along the length of the precision rifle.
The TCR’s Magpul M1AD modular conformable hand grip is adjustable for both hand grip angle, and for grip-to-trigger distance to obtain proper shooting hand position and trigger finger placement. TCR Short Action models are equipped with an ambidextrous paddle lever magazine release.
With a base rifle weight of approximately 12lbs, TCR’s have a sleek snag-free profile well suited multi-positional shooting events, run & gun tactical competition matches, long range target and competitive shooting. This short action rifle system incorporates engineering and design features that noticeably reduce felt recoil by the shooter, lessening fatigue over the course of a match.
TCR rifles are coated with a rugged, dull non-reflective finish that meets MIL-STD 810G for corrosion resistance. The standard rifle color is black with the forend in natural carbon fiber black. Optional colors include Flat Dark Earth, Nordic Gray and OD Green. TCR rifles are simple to maintain, use no bedding and are maintainable in the field by the user with a simple SABER® Field Multi-Tool or more complete Precision Rifle Field Tool Kit.
TCR precision tactical rifles can also be delivered with premium variable power day optical sights, SABER EO Scope Rings, alternate muzzle brake and suppressor combinations, match grade ammunition, TACT3 tripod spotting scope kits, laser range finders, Field Firing Solutions Ballistic Software and other essential long range shooting accessories. Further customization of the TCR rifles can be performed by APO to meet customer requirements. A complete range of precision shooting accessories are available from APO. Please let our customer service representative know how you want your TCR built and outfitted!
- Caliber – .308Win, 6.5 Creedmoor, .260 Remington, .223 Remington
- Action – Surgeon RSR Repeater
- Chassis – SABER SSA-A3
- Shoulder Stock – Fixed HTA w/Tooled Ergonomic Adjustments
- Barrel – Rock Creek Pinnacle™ Series 416R SS 5R barrels
- .223 Rem – 22″ barrel – 1-in-8 twist
- .260 Rem – 24″ barrel – 1-in-9 twist
- 6.5 Crd – 24″ barrel – 1-in-8 twist
- .308 Win – 20″ barrel – 1-in-10 twist
- Muzzle Brake – Optional
- Trigger – Huber Tactical Two Stage trigger set to approx. 3.5 lbs.
- Forend – Quattro Carbon Fiber Forend
- Scope Rail – 20 MOA MIL-STD 1913
- Accessory Rail – 4″ Top and Bottom Accessory Rails
- Magazines – A3 10rd detachable box magazine (one supplied)
- Hand Grip – Magpul M1AD grip set
- Grip Angle Adaptors – 17.5° Standard (11° and 27° optional)
- Surface Coatings – MIL-STD 810G corrosion resistant coatings that are dull and non-reflective
- Color – Black w/Black Carbon Fiber Forend. Optional colors Flat Dark Earth, Nordic Gray and OD Green
- Accuracy – <1 MOA or better accuracy with Match grade ammunition
- Weight – Basic Rifle Weights (approx.)
- TCR308 12lbs
- TCR6.5 12lbs
- TCR260 12lbs
- TCR223 11lbs
- SABER EO Scope Rings 4-Screw Top 30/34/35mm Rings
- Long Range Accuracy Bipod