The medium caliber Asymmetric Warrior® ASW338LM Precision Tactical Rifle is engineered and designed to provide users with an ergonomic, long range and highly accurate .338 Lapua Magnum rifle platform. This precision tactical rifle is proudly manufactured in the USA and built on the strong Surgeon 1581 XL-II bolt action receiver, and the patented SABER®-FORSST® MOD-1 modular rifle chassis. The ASW338LM is available in an A1 (5-rd magazine) and A2 (10-round) configuration. The ASW338LM is an ideal tactical rifle platform for launching high performance .338LM caliber COR®BON Match, Sub-Sonic and RUAG Swiss-P match grade ammunition to extended ranges.
The ASW338LM is available with a 20” or 27” length, 1-in-9.4” twist Pinnacle Series 416 stainless steel fluted barrel, safety and performance engineered using APO’s proprietary B.A.S.E.D.™ barrel engineering software. The ASW338LM Pinnacle Series barrel is finished with an 11 degree target crown and Blackout muzzle brake, making this tactical rifle mission ready to mount an optional TITAN QD titanium sound suppressor. The ASW uses a premium tactical two-stage trigger set to 3.5 lbs for a smooth take up, crisp let off for precise sub-MOA shot placement.
The ASW338LM features a continuous full length MIL-STD 1913 30MOA monolithic 12 0’clock scope rail (optional 20 or 40 MOA ) that accommodates a variety of modern “clip-on” thermal imaging and night vision devices. The Quattro carbon fiber forend features a heat mirage mitigating design with repositionable 12” and 4” accessory rail locations “co-bore aligned” on the ergonomically shaped forend at 3, 9 and 6 o’clock positions.
The ergonomic folding SABER PBA-H (Push Button Adjustable Hybrid) shoulder stock is fit to the user with adjustments for length of pull, cheek-piece height, and vertical recoil pad placement that require no tools! The shoulder stock comes with a Butt Hook as standard equipment and there is a versatile multi-position adjustable field Monopod available as a user installable option. ASW rifles have flush cup sling swivel attachment points along the length of this tactical rifle.
The ASW338LM’s Magpul M1AD modular conformable hand grip is adjustable for both hand grip angle, and for grip-to-trigger distance to obtain proper shooting hand position and trigger finger placement. Each ASW model is equipped with an ambidextrous paddle lever magazine release. With an approximate base rifle weight of 15.5lbs for the A1, and 16.3lbs for the A2, the ASW338LM has a sleek snag-free profile well suited to a variety of tactical applications, competitive target or long range shooting. This advanced .338LM rifle system incorporates engineering and design features that reduce felt recoil by the shooter allowing for proper shot follow through.
ASW rifles are coated with a rugged, dull non-reflective finish that meets MIL-STD 810G for corrosion resistance. The standard rifle color is black with the forend in natural carbon fiber black. Optional colors include Flat Dark Earth, Nordic Gray and OD Green. ASW rifles are simple to maintain, use no bedding and are maintainable in the field by the user with a simple SABER® Field Multi-Tool or more complete Snipers Field Tool Kit.
ASW precision tactical rifles can also be delivered with premium variable power day optical sights, SABER EO Scope Rings, alternate muzzle brake and suppressor combinations, match grade ammunition, TACT3 tripod spotting scope kits, laser range finders, Field Firing Solutions Ballistic Software and other essential long range shooting accessories.
- Caliber – .338 Lapua Magnum
- Action – Surgeon 1581 XL-II Repeater
- Chassis – SABER SXL-A1 / SXL-A2
- Shoulder Stock: Folding PBA-H w/Tool-Less Ergonomic Adjustments
- Barrel – 20” or 27” Rock Creek Pinnacle™ Series 416R SS 5R barrels
- Muzzle Brake – AAC Blackout (optional TITAN QD suppressor)
- Trigger – Huber Tactical Two Stage trigger set to approx. 3.5 lbs.
- Forend – Quattro Carbon Fiber Forend w/Repositionable Co-Bore Aligned Accessory Rail Mounting Locations (optional 4” and 12” Accessory Side Rails)
- Scope Rail – 30 MOA MIL-STD 1913 (0, 20, and 40 MOA optional)
- Accessory Rail – 12” 6 o’clock Rail with Flushcups
- Magazines – A1 (5rd) / A2 (10rd) detachable box magazine (one supplied)
- Hand Grip – Magpul M1AD grip set
- Grip Angle Adaptors – 17.5° Standard (11° and 27° optional)
- Surface Coatings – MIL-STD 810G corrosion resistant coatings that are dull and non-reflective
- Color – Black w/Black Carbon Fiber Forend. Optional colors Flat Dark Earth, Nordic Gray and OD Green
- Accuracy – <1 MOA or better accuracy with Match grade ammunition
- Weight – Basic Rifle Weights
- 20˝ Rifle 15.5 lbs. (approx.)
- 27˝ Rifle 16.3 lbs. (approx.)